Today, I’m joining up with other wives at The Happy Wives Club to blog about “Why I Love My Husband (the never-ending list)“.
In a world that thinks that “happy and wife are an oxymoron”, Happy Wives Club is “on a journey to prove love and marriage still go hand-in-hand, the ‘Happy Wife’ really does exist.”
29 Reasons I love My Husband…
- He’s passionate about God and His ways.
- He’s a man of vision – he dreams big scary dreams
- He is intelligent and well-spoken
- His logical mind complements my emotional make-up (not always painlessly, but always needed!)
- He opens doors for me, often pulls out seats in restaurants.
- He is protective over me
- He’s very affectionate
- He cares about other people genuinely
- He makes me laugh
- He takes his role as provider seriously
- He listens when I ramble and tries to connect the dots
- He often disregards his own comfort to accommodate my needs and many wants
- He loves rap music and gadgets – and has made me adventurous in those areas.
- He tells me he loves me all the time
- He gives me the most amazing rubs and hugs
- He doesn’t care what other people think as much as I do (he keeps me balanced…when I grow up I want to be just like him)
- He is bold
- He has an awesome walking style – someone said he walks like an African warrior..totally agree!
- He irons his clothes and general picks up after himself
- He is super clean and smells good
- He enjoys being with me and misses me when we are apart
- He helps out in the house when he can
- He’s learned to hold my handbag!
- He delights in my culinary skills..even when the skills part is missing
- He loves to bless me and make me happy
- He encourages me, he is my cheerleader
- He is deeply loyal
- He has a great sense of style: he’s our official home decorator and my personal stylist
- He is my best friend, rock and hero…..
My list keeps growing..
How about you?
Can you make you own list? (Husbands can write a similar list for their wives)
(Now most of us already know the things we don’t like. And the tendency is to dwell there. How about we do something intentional today? Remind yourself why you love that man that God gave you? Our marriages can do with some giddy!)
If you need some more inspiration, read this post on why the never-ending list is such a marriage-booster.
Then go ahead and share some of the things you love about your husband/wife in the Comment Section below!
(and head on to Happy Wives Club Facebook page (with over 100,000 happy folks!) and leave some’ )
Also check out my follow-up post We are Happy, not Perfect
If you would like to have Intentional Today delivered to your inbox, simply click here: Subscribe to Intentional Today (you will also receive a free copy of my eBook, Navigating Change)