Sexual intimacy in marriage: what if we could shorten the learning curve?
Nine years ago, I was the exhilarated but anxious new bride. Looking forward to connecting with my husband but wondering how it was going to work out.
Our wedding night was beautiful.
It was also bumpy.
I was perplexed because I didn’t think married sex could be both.
A lot of Jesus and sweet Tommy later, I have learned to embrace the beauty and the bumps, the highs and lows of marriage. For the most part, anyway.
Because great marriages have creases and excellent spouses learn to cling through it all.
I am thrilled to share what I have learned about newlywed intimacy in my new book The Wedding Night: Embracing Sexual Intimacy as a New Bride!
The Wedding Night is a handbook for every engaged woman who desires to start intimacy right and encouragement for every newlywed wife who wants to embrace sexual intimacy sooner, not later.
My hope in writing this book is to share my experience and hopefully shorten the learning curve for the bride desiring greater intimacy with her husband.
Because it’s not enough to want that emotional, spiritual and physical connection with your spouse, you need to figure out how to create it!
What every bride should know about wedding night sexual intimacy
Three years ago I wrote a blog post titled 10 Things Every Bride Should Know Before her Wedding Night.
The post went viral and has remained one of the most popular articles since then, with almost seven hundred thousand page views on the post alone.
It’s popularity brought a rush of questions from brides and grooms around the world.
“Will sexual intimacy hurt?” “I was circumcised as a child; will I enjoy sex?” “I hate sex, will I have a happy marriage?” “I am small down there – will my husband fit?” “I don’t want to hurt my wife, what can we do?”
Months of email correspondence and answering comments on the blog post convinced me to expand my thoughts and create a practical handbook for the bride who desires to embrace intimacy, right from the start.
Alongside my thoughts and experience, I invited forty-seven wives who read my blog to lend their wisdom, and the result is The Wedding Night: Embracing Sexual Intimacy as a New Bride.
The Wedding Night delves into this special night to give you real life advice to help you have a delightful start to marriage and a healthy sex life thereafter.
It focuses on big picture ideas and seeks to lessen anxiety, answer common questions and provide a way forward so a newlywed woman can become a sexually confident wife.
The book is divided into different sections so the bride can find what she’s looking for more quickly. And we look at different topics, including
- Why sexual intimacy is worth waiting for.
- Communication: because sex starts in the mind, for women.
- Keeping it sexy and common health concerns: we tackle questions and concerns most brides have but are afraid to ask.
- If he’s not interested in sex: we talk about what to do when you are the higher drive spouse.
- Contraceptives: because options vary and every method has its pros and cons.
- Cultivating intentional intimacy: a healthy sex life takes intentional work and we talk about practical steps to creating a healthy sex life.
- Tips, how-to’s, orgasm and all that exciting stuff!
- Sexual activities in the Christian married bed: because just because you are married doesn’t mean anything goes!
- And much more!
As Christians, we need to talk about godly intimacy
Our God is the Author of intimacy, and as Christian wives, we have the answers!
But sometimes we step back and leave it to the world to teach about sex and intimacy, and no wonder brides come into their wedding night running on half-truths, myths, and fears!
And so my prayer is that this book will prepare the engaged woman; she will learn what to expect, how to prepare and what to do when the unexpected happens.
I pray it will encourage and affirm the newly married woman who desires healthy vibrant intimacy with her husband.
Buy the Book
To celebrate the book’s release, we are hosting an AH-mazing giveaway and sweet bonuses this week only!
When you buy The Wedding Night: Embracing Sexual Intimacy as a New Bride this week (the launch week) between July 24th and 28th, you will get access to
- My brand-new eBook “The Wedding Night Mentoring Night.” This guide offers a friendly informal way for a married woman to talk about intimacy with a soon-to-be bride.
- A private video, where I share A Few Lessons From My Wedding Night and hope you don’t repeat my mistakes!
- A “How to Create a DIY Photo Booth” from Simply Yours Wedding Shoppe.
To get access to the brand new eBook, video and download, simply email your purchase receipt to me ngina(at)intentionaltoday(dot)com, and I’ll send you information on how to access the gifts!
Plus this week only
- You get 15% off when you shop for your rustic bride at Simply Yours Wedding Shoppe. Just type INTENTIONAL at checkout, and you will receive 15% off your order! Make sure to visit Amy’s shop, she has the sweetest shop for the rustic wedding and bride!
The fantastic prizes include
- A Wedding Gift Pack from Simply Yours Wedding Shoppe + a copy of The Wedding Night book $41 value
- “Undefeated” T-shirt from All Things Through Him + a copy The Wedding Night book $33 value (T shirt and book will ship separately)
- A copy of Prayers for New Bride by Jeniffer White + a copy of Wedding Night book $19 Value (Books ship separately)
To stand a chance to win one of these three prizes, follow the Giveaway instructions below!
1. Share this blog post on at least TWO social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest). The more times you share, the more entries you get! You can use the social media buttons below to share, or use the other quotes provided at the bottom of this post!
2. Use these two hashtags #WeddingNightBook and #Contest when you share so I can find you. You must use the hashtags so I can find you.
3. You must have a US or Canadian shipping address to participate in the first two prizes (shipping outside North America is a little expensive) For the third prize, we will substitute the physical products for eBook formats.
4. The Giveaway ends 28th July midnight EST.
Here are examples of phrases/quotes to share on social media! Simply cut and paste the words as they are.
(Click here to find additional images to share)
Real life intimacy advice for the new bride. Check out this new book http://wp.me/p2yCsZ-3Gh #WeddingNightBook #Contest
Let’s talk about godly intimacy and marriage! Check out this new resource for new brides http://wp.me/p2yCsZ-3Gh #WeddingNightBook #Contest
Ready for a great wedding AND marriage? Prepare for great intimacy, not just a wedding! http://wp.me/p2yCsZ-3Gh #WeddingNightBook #Contest
Ready to shorten the learning curve, find confidence and have an exciting start to married life? http://wp.me/p2yCsZ-3Gh #WeddingNightBook #Contest
It’s time to shorten the wedding night learning curve and enjoy sex sooner, not later http://wp.me/p2yCsZ-3Gh #WeddingNightBook #Contest