Welcome! I am so glad you are here!
My name is Ngina Otiende and I am christian, wife, author and the woman behind this ministry site.
I believe marriages are meant to thrive! On this site, I provide practical, actionable resources to help the newlywed and early-wed wife draw closer to God & her husband.
Not because I have a perfect marriage but because I know how it feels like to have an imperfect one and what it takes to create a great one.
I started this blog in 2011, initially blogging about personal growth and relationships. Later, I narrowed my focus and now write about marriage in the early years.
You can read more of my story by visiting my bio page here.
Why Intentional Today?
Intentional Today is our online marriage ministry dedicated to helping the newlywed and early-wed wife thrive in her marriage through articles, books and mentoring.
We also have a passion for missions work and equipping people for success. Learn about our work here.
Intentional Today is based on Hebrews 3:12-13
“See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.”
I have free downloadable resources for your marriage.
- Navigating Change eBook (free with email subscription to blog articles)
- Chapter 1 of my book Blues to Bliss: Creating Your Happily Ever After In the Early Years (free with email subscription to blog articles)
You can watch and subscribe to my YouTube video channel.
You can also visit the Resource Page where you’ll find more resources (book recommendations, husband blogs, e.t.c) to help your marriage.
My Books & Services
I have written two books.
- Blues to Bliss: Creating Your Happily Ever After In The Early Years. You don’t have to argue and stress through the early years of marriage. You (yes, you!) can change the dynamics of your marriage so you can enjoy marriage as God intended. The book is available on on Amazon or Barnes and Noble. Click here for more information.
- Navigating Change:because you don’t have to drown is my free eBook on how to find balance and joy in seasons of change and transition. The book is available free with blog subscription. Click here for more info
- I am available to speak and teach on topics related to marriage and relationships and living a purpose-filled life. Please visit my Speaking page to learn more.
To help you navigate the site more easily, you can click the links below and you will be directed to specific articles, relevant to the highlighted topic.
Preparing for marriage
I believe that “healthy singles make healthy marrieds”. Marriage is amazing but it does not “complete” a person. As a single person, you are complete in God and should approach life as a whole person. Here are articles to encourage your single journey and help you prepare for marriage – click here
To get a sense of what I write about, start by reading these posts
My top articles on the blog
Here are some of my top articles on the blog
Maybe you have landed on this page and do not know who Jesus Christ is. Click here to learn who He is and how He can change your life.
Subscribe to my blog
Stay updated when I post new articles to the blog (1-2 times a week). Subscribe to my blog via email and receive 2 free gifts. Click here.
Ways you can help my ministry
Here are a few ways you can help my ministry
1. Purchase my book Blues to Bliss: Creating Your Happily-Ever-After in The Early Years and/or recommend it to friends and early-weds.
2. Book me as a speaker for your event. Click here to go to my Speaking page
3. Subscribe to my updates (and receive 2 free gifts). Click here to subscribe for weekly inspiration to strengthen your marriage.
4. Search my website for resources and articles to help your marriage. I have been blogging since 2011 and I have tones of helpful content on this site. Simply use the” Search Box” on the right hand side of the website.
5. Keep me in your prayers, share this website so more couples are encouraged in their marriages.
Thank you for coming by! Many blessings!