I’m joining up with other wives at The Happy Wives Club to blog about “Why I Love My Husband (the never-ending list)“.
In a world that thinks that “happy and wife are an oxymoron”, Happy Wives Club is “on a journey to prove love and marriage still go hand-in-hand, that Happy Wives do really exist!
I know that is true because I am one of them!
Without further ado, here’s 29 reasons I love my hubby!
29 Reasons I love My Husband…
- He’s passionate about God and His ways.
- He’s a man of vision – he dreams big scary dreams
- He is intelligent and well-spoken
- His logical mind complements my emotional one (not always painlessly, but always needed!)
- He opens doors for me, often pulls out seats in restaurants.
- He is protective over me
- He’s very affectionate
- He cares about other people genuinely
- He makes me laugh
- He takes his role as provider seriously
- He listens as I ramble and tries to connect the dots
- He often disregards his comfort to accommodate my needs and many wants
- He loves gospel hip hop and gadgets – and has made me adventurous in those areas.
- He tells me he loves me all the time
- He gives me the most amazing rubs
- He doesn’t care what other people think as much as I do (he keeps me balanced)
- He is bold
- He has this unique walking style – the other day someone said he walks like an African warrior!
- He picks up after himself
- He is super clean and smells good
- He enjoys being with me and misses me when we are apart
- He helps out in the house when he can
- He’s learned to hold my handbag!
- He delights in my culinary skills..even when the skills part is missing!
- He loves to bless me and make me happy
- He encourages me, he is my cheerleader
- He is deeply loyal
- He has a great sense of style: he’s our official home decorator and my personal stylist
- He is my best friend, rock and hero.
My list keeps growing..
How about you?
Can you make you own list? (Husbands can write a similar list for their wives)
Most of us already know what we don’t like about our spouses. And there’s a tendency to dwell there. How about we do something intentional today? Remind yourself why you love that man God gave you? Our marriages can do with some giddy!
If you need some more inspiration, read this post on why the never-ending list is such a marriage-booster.
Then go ahead and share some of the things you love about your husband/wife in the Comment Section below!
Also check out my follow-up post We are Happy, not Perfect!
Need more inspiration to grow your relationship? My book Blues to Bliss: Creating Your Happily Ever After” is filled with practical tips and ideas on how to grow your relationship, from blues to bliss. Find out more here.