62 Powerful Newlywed Quotes to Strengthen Your Marriage
Are you looking for good newlywed quotes? Sometimes it can be challenging to find just the right words to encourage and strengthen your love for each other.
I know you’re already inundated with new information. While I love sharing wisdom (I’m a blogger!), sometimes you just need something straightforward to hold on to.
If you’re looking for inspiration to encourage your new journey together, you’re in the right place!
In this post, we’re going to look at short but powerful sayings about love and marriage to strengthen your relationship.
You might be asking, why good newlywed quotes? Well, I am always on the lookout for pearls of wisdom that pack a punch. I am naturally a wordy person, but I also love concise words that inspire motivation and simplify the complicated!
What is a Good Newlywed Quote?
A good newlywed quote should speak life to a new couple. It should inspire, motivate, clarify and offer hope. I am not a fan “love quotes” that stereotype and create division. I’d much rather have words that build-up and offer hope!
When couples exchange vows on their wedding day, they are committing to walking with each other through life’s highs and lows: they are affirming presence. We promise to walk into an unknown future and do whatever it takes to create a healthy happy marriage.
Today’s good newlywed quotes will set you on the path to a healthier, happier and richer relationship!
How Do You Congratulate a Newlywed?
But before we dive in: Whether newlywed or an oldie, sometimes we lack the words to encourage other couples.
If you’ve been asked to give a speech at a loved one’s wedding, or perhaps you are preparing to offer words of wisdom to a newlywed couple, and don’t know where to start, I want you to know that you can still give intentional, healthy, encouraging advice to newly married couples.
If you don’t have your own words to congratulate a newlywed couple, you can borrow the wisdom of community! Check out this post, How To Encourage Newlywed Couples: 6 Practical Tips
Without further ado,
62 Good Newlywed Quotes to Strengthen Marriage
1. Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope. – Maya Angelou
2. Relationships don’t last because of good times. They last because the hard times were handled with love and care. – Anmol Andore
3. When you’re out on a date, put your phones away. Even a cellphone on the table says, “I’m here with you but I’m available to them.” – Chris and Jamie, ExpeditionMarriage.org
4. Love is not an emotional bash; it is not empty sentimentalism. It is the active outpouring of one’s whole being into the being of another. – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
5. Seek friendships that build up your marriage. Walk away from those that tear it down. – Ngina Otiende, Blues to Bliss: Creating Your Happily Ever After in the Early Years
6. Marriages are like fingerprints; each one is different, and each one is beautiful. – Maggie Reyes
7. To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow—this is a human offering that can border on miraculous. – Elizabeth Gilbert
8. Myth: once married, you can stop dating your spouse. – Dr. Kim Kimberling.
9. You are a warm cup of coffee on a rainy morning, a soft blanket on a cold night, the rainbow following a storm, and the sauna at the end of a difficult week. You are the love, passion, and comfort of my life. – Mom Junction
10. Your age, experience, or the number of years married has nothing to do with when or how you will be used to testify about marriage. – Marissa and Joseph Msefya, ForeverMarriages.com
11. Marriages usually mirror our relationship with God. Either we’re devoted and yielding, or we’re giving little and expecting a lot. – Make The Vow Keep The Vow
12. Let the one who created you be the one who defines you. ~ Dr. Kim Kimberling
13. Marriage is not a destination but a journey. A journey of two imperfect people coming together to create a union that is meant to stand the test of time. – Ayanna Hall, Beyondcommited.com
14. Your spouse can’t read minds. Communicate your expectations clearly. – Charlene Maugeri, enduringallthings.com
15. Strong marriages are built in community. – Ayanna Hall, Beyondcommited.com
16. Equip your marriage with tools to fight with strength and boldness on the days you struggle to hold on. – Marissa and Joseph Msefya, ForeverMarriages.com
17. Instead of saying I’m sorry, say “I take responsibility for it” and then take action. – More Most Forever
18. Much of the “magic” people sensed in my own marriage was actually due to our behind-the-scenes flirtation. -Lisa Jacobson, Club31women.com
19. There is no more lovely, friendly, and charming relationship, communion, or company than a good marriage. – Martin Luther
20. We can do no great things; only small things with great love. – Mother Teresa
21. The best time to love with your whole heart is always now, in this moment, because no breath beyond the current is promised. – Fawn Weaver, HappyWivesclub.com
22. True love is when both people think they have the better end of the deal. -Anonymous
23. Change is inevitable. Growth is optional. -John Maxwell
24. We learn to love in relationships. When we receive love, this teaches us how to give love. -Dr Henry Cloud, Boundaries.me
Newlywed Quotes From Yours Truly
A few quotes and sayings from this blog, from yours truly, Ngina Otiende : )
25. “My Husband is My Happy Place” is a declaration to make my marriage good. It’s a commitment to engage and build my marriage intentionally, so it becomes and remains my happy place.
26. We all have seasons when marriage doesn’t feel like the priority it should be. The goal is to correct our trajectories the soonest we’re aware of the drift.
27. We won’t have lasting health and intimacy when our best efforts and energies are poured elsewhere.
28. The marriage vow is like a catching net: It kept us when our broken hearts wanted to make a run for it. (To read up on our story and lessons to help you stay connected in hard times (especially when one person is pulling away,) enroll for my free email course, Authentic Connection.)
29. Never compare your marriage, and don’t let someone else’s negative experiences shape your expectations or kill your hope.
30. Don’t settle for “I am going to stay married no matter what.” Instead, invest, engage, choose, be present. MAKE your marriage a haven, the place you WANT to be. Not the place you HAVE to be because you have no other option.
31. Don’t be afraid when in marriage, you begin to meet the person you’ve always been. Marriage is a classroom, not a graduating podium.
32. There are things we won’t know about ourselves until we start doing life with one another. Iron sharpens iron.
33. In marriage, and all of life really, we own that response button. Rather than feeling and acting helpless when triggered, we can acknowledge our feelings and thoughts but then go ahead and choose our responses. We can learn to respond and stop reacting.
34. A thriving marriage is just a daily pursuit of each other’s hearts.
35. Healthy connection takes two. Your spouse has to want and work towards a healthy marriage. Your love for them cannot make up for the lack of attention, care and nurture from them.
36. Dear newlyweds, it’s okay to feel beat and tired when attempting new things. You just have to keep trying them, making small steps because small steps add up to significant gains, and one day the new mindset and routines will become the norm.
37. Your personal growth and development are essential to your marriage. Actually, your happily-ever-after is depending on it!
Are you wrestling with the overwhelm of new marriage? Do you want a topic-by-topic guide, showing you how to create the marriage of your dreams? Or maybe you just want to love better, understand this marriage thing you signed up. Get all the clarity and hope when you pick up my book, Blues to Bliss: Creating Your Happily Ever After in the Early Years ->Amazon I Barnes & Noble I PDF
Funny Love Quotes and Sayings
38. Congratulations on your promotion from “when are you going to get married?” to “when are you going to get babies?” – Someecards.com
39. We go together like ketchup and macaroni and cheese, our love seems unnatural, but it works! Love To Know family.lovetoknow.com
40. The only thing worse than being in a struggling marriage is being in a struggling marriage for one more day. Get some help! – Chris and Jamie, ExpeditionMarriage.org
41. Marriage is…texting each other memes from different rooms. – Readers Digest
42. Marriage is not just spiritual communion, it is also remembering to take out the trash. – Joyce Brothers
43. You are the fries to my gravy, the milk to my cookies, the peas to my carrots, and the chocolate to my brownies. Wait, what was I talking about again? Oh right. I was going to tell you I love you.
44. Don’t spend all day hiding how you feel, and then all night being upset that no one notices how you feel. – Chris and Jamie, ExpeditionMarriage.org
Good Newlywed Quotes for Wives
45. Negative messaging marks you; it fortifies and amplifies what you see. And what you focus on grows. – Ngina Otiende, from Blues to Bliss: Creating Your Happily Ever After in the Early Years.
46. Marriage goal: Becoming an expert on our husband’s strengths instead of simply being a noticer of their weaknesses can be a game-changer in marriage. Sometimes, our husbands desperately need to hear they are getting something right. -Tracy Hagler
47. Ask him to hold your hand. You never know what tomorrow will bring. -Lisa Jacobson, Club31women.com
48. Don’t assume that every negative feeling your spouse has is about you and needs you to “fix it.” – Beth Steffaniak, Messymarriage.com
49. My husband has made me laugh. Wiped my tears. Hugged me tight. Watched me succeed. Seen me fail and kept me strong. As we have walked through the many seasons of life together, I’m truly thankful for the gift of marriage. -Tracy Hagler
50. Marriage is a special bond made of trust, respect, love, and commitment. And you can make it extra special by letting your husband know how exceptional, loved, and appreciated he is. –Mom Junction
51. I have a best friend as a husband, and he is my number one supporter. He’s a family man, and he’s always giving back to God. That is what makes him a beautiful man. We’re not perfect by any means, but that makes us beautiful as well. We’re not afraid to say we’re not perfect. We have our disagreements, but that comes along with marriage. -Tamera Mowry
52. Men don’t get motivated by verbal beat downs. Nobody does. -Ngina Otiende, Blues to Bliss: Creating Your Happily Ever After in the Early Years
53. God won’t hold you responsible for your husband’s actions or inaction. But He will hold you accountable for yours. -Ngina Otiende, Blues to Bliss: Creating Your Happily Ever After in the Early Years
54. Sometimes, we build up unhealthy ideas of how marriage is supposed to look and then work hard to create something that doesn’t exist. -Ngina Otiende, from Blues to Bliss: Creating Your Happily Ever After in the Early Years
Intentional Newlywed Quotes for Husband
55. Speaking to your spouse before making a decision is not called control; it’s called respect. ~ Marriagemeansmore.com
56. Whenever God means to make a man great, he always breaks him in pieces first. -Charles Spurgeon
57. If a man will not sacrifice for his wife, all of the words in the world will not convince her that he really loves her. -The Blended Project
58. The pain doesn’t go away just because you said sorry. -@Makethevowkeepthevow
59. Humility is not needing to be more than you are. -Dr. Henry Cloud @drhenrycloudofficial
60. Always give your marriage your all. You are doing it for God, and He is the one who rewards, and He is not stingy. – Johnny Umukoro
61. Happy is the man who finds a true friend, and far happier is he who finds that true friend in his wife. -Franz Schubert
62. A real man loves his wife and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father. -Frank Abagnale
Good newlywed quotes: more inspiration for your marriage
A long time ago, I remember thinking, “Marriage isn’t complicated at all! Married life can be as warm and fuzzy as a cup of cardamom tea on a cold Saturday morning.”
I was right. But it also takes effort and intentionality (and easy-genes aka sense of humor) to create the relationship of your dreams. I hope this post has inspired your sweet happily ever after.
Love Quotes For My Husband – 30 Ways To Inspire Your Love For Him
39 Wedding Night Quotes and Sayings to Inspire Your First Night of Marriage
102 Marriage Love Quotes To Inspire Your Marriage
45 Newlywed Quotes and Sayings To Inspire Your Marriage
Is your new marriage struggling? Want to know when to employ grit and when to give grace? Maybe you want to love better, create the marriage of your dreams. My book Blues to Bliss: Creating Your Happily Ever After in the Early Years might help. Learn how to positively influence your marriage and create the marriage of your dreams, one intentional choice at a time. Buy it here Amazon I Nook I PDF