This week I read some awesome Thanksgiving articles. I thought I’d share some of them with you.
I am not American so Thanksgiving has not been part of my life. This will be my second Thanksgiving since moving to the United States.
But the spirit of thanksgiving is not something new to me.
Today am grateful for the love of family and a God-filled marriage. I am grateful for you my awesome readers and my blogging community.
I hope you take time to be grateful for life and it’s many blessings.
Happy thanksgiving to all my American readers.
Great thanksgiving articles
1. Be grateful for what you already have by Jeremy Statton
“…But when our daughter walked around that corner, I felt that we had been lied to. She appeared much worse than I imagined. Weaker. Paler. Her problems more severe…. As she sat in my lap, the only thought that came to my mind was, “What have we done?”
2. You can stop being thankful on Friday by Seth Caddell
“Thanksgiving is right around the corner. That one day where we sit around being thankful for stuff, and over eat turkey and other delicious food… But then Friday we celebrate the holiday of dissatisfaction.”
3. Give thanks with a grateful heart by Kevin Troupe
“I, for one, have never understood the concept of black Friday. I hate to shop…I am a buyer, not a shopper.”
4. 20 things to be thankful for when life is hard by Barb Ravelling
“1. That God can stop bad things from happening if He wants to. Jeremiah 32:27
2. That when He does allow bad things to happen, He always has a plan for redemption. Hebrews 12:10-11, James 1:2-4, 12, 1 Peter 5:9-10, Romans 8:28, Jeremiah 29:11-13”
5. To be thankful by Floyd Samons
“…“Did you say ‘thank you’?” I used to ask our daughters when I knew they hadn’t when it was appropriate. Out of habit I sometimes still do….Most of us pick up on that process, it’s fairly easy… Following rules is the easy part. Understanding the foundation of desired actions is a little more involved process.
Question – What are you grateful for today?